Outdoor faucets are somewhat known prior to all of us also in terms of water spigots or hose bibs, these faucets are subject to matter in terms of a lot of the wear and tear things that maybe the first reason that causes the leakage over the specified time.
However, these faucets (or whatever you want to call it) are easier to replace, easier to fix, and even easier to overcome the issues that are causing the leakage of the water. They somehow, look to us as something like DIY (do it yourself) kind of a thing.
If you are someone who likes to have challenges and look forward to work to make your house a better place, you are at the right place as we are to give you the best tutorial technique through words that may help you in reducing the problem to zero so that you may not face the leakage of the water faucet.
These are the steps that may help you in detecting the problem, looking for possible solutions, and replacing the problem with the solution, these steps are as follow:
Before Starting, See If The Water Faucet Can Be Fixed:
In probable times, you have had noticed that the water faucet is leaking and you do not know what the problem is so you can eliminate it yourself or you go for the plumber so they can help you in the fixing of the faucet.
If you see the faucet leaking, there are many questions that come to your mind that includes the requirement of the faucet replacing mechanism. Such as, whether it requires a minor change? Or a major change?
To answer these questions for yourself, the examination has to be done in proper manners so that you can see what the problem is and why is it occurring to you in the first place.
- If the faucet is leaking from its handle, try tightening the packet nut or replace the washer.
- If the faucet is leaking from the joint towards the supply pipe, try removing the spigot, inspect the threads of damage, clean the threads and wrap them with Teflon tape.
- If the faucet is leaking from the spout, the mechanism from the inside is damaged, it is probably easier to replace the entire thing and in terms of money, it is cheaper to replace the entire thing.
How To Replace An Outdoor Faucet:
As you have come to a conclusion, hopefully saying that the problem is now identified so you can go towards the step where it goes to replace the outdoor faucet. As of now, you should go towards replacing the faucet through obtaining these set of steps.
- Replace the outdoor spigot, locate the water shut-off valve, turn it off, open the spigot to drain the water, brush the threads, seal the threads with Teflon tape, install the new spigot before tightening it with a wrench, and check for leaks.
As you can see, these are some set of steps written in the form of a paragraph, when we go towards an algorithm set of step structure, these are the steps obtained:
- Locate the shut-off valve.
- Shut off the water supply
- Drain out the excess of water
- Remove the old spigot
- Brush the threads
- Seal with Teflon Tape
- Install new spigot and check for leaks.
As through these set of steps, the outdoor leaky faucet can be replaced, if the problem still persists, get yourself a plumber who can check for major issues and can replace the faucet for you.